Job title: HR and Payroll Administrator
Reporting to: Head of People Development
The main purpose of the role is to provide full employee life-cycle administrative support to the People Development Department.
The role is also responsible for preparing and submitting the monthly payroll for processing and liaising with the outsourced payroll provider in this regard.
- Compile and place job advertisements, screen CV’s and schedule interviews.
- Assist hiring managers with interview preparation, to include compiling interview questions.
- Attend interviews with hiring managers, where appropriate.
- Produce and issue contracts of employment, offer letters and new starter packs.
- Co-ordinate new starter IT, phone and equipment set-up, to include car park passes, ID and stationery packs.
- Create new starter record on HRIS and forward BrightHR invite to new starter.
- Create Perkbox account and forward Perkbox invite to new starter.
- Co-ordinate new entrant induction process, to include distributing the induction itinerary to relevant parties.
- Administer and track employment reference, DBS and Right to Work checks.
- Monitor employee probation periods, issue probation paperwork and produce end of probation letters.
- Monitor employee absence against company sick pay entitlement and process appropriate sick pay.
- Produce resignation confirmation letters and co-ordinate exit interviews with relevant parties.
- Up-date HRIS with any employee changes and produce change letters where appropriate.
- Provide support to the business on the use of BrightHR and resolve any issues.
- Produce HR MI reports as required.
- Create, up-date and maintain personal records, ensuring data held is accurate and compliant with legislative requirements.
- In conjunction with the Head of People Development, contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of HR related policies, procedures, template letters and documents.
- Update and maintain all relevant HR trackers on an ongoing basis.
- Undertake ad-hoc HR project work when required.
- Ensure that data collection and processing is compliant with GDPR guidelines.
- Identify training needs as necessary and be committed to continuous professional development.
- Undertake any other duties as commensurate with the role as and directed by the Head of People Development.
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and ensure strict compliance with relevant legislation and laws.
- Prepare the monthly payroll, ensuring accuracy and appropriate sign-off of documentation, if required.
- Administer all benefits programmes, ensuring third party providers receive information in a timely manner.
- Provide HMRC tax and NI report details to Finance.
- Administer the company pension scheme.
- Prepare a variable payroll, if required.
- Process starters and leavers, pay changes, and change to terms and conditions, as necessary.
- Act as the point of contact for all payroll communication, to include employees of the organisation and the outsourced payroll provider.
- Provide accurate and timely resolution of payroll queries.
- Update and maintain the payroll discrepancies tracker on an ongoing basis.
- Experience in HR administration.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, organised and able to prioritise workloads.
- Ability to work to deadline.
- Understanding of confidentiality surrounding HR practice.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite.
- 2 years end-to-end payroll experience.
- Up-to-date payroll and pensions auto-enrolment knowledge.
- Up-to-date knowledge of payroll legislation.
- CIPD qualified to level 3 or working towards.
- Understanding of HR practices and basic knowledge of employment law and employee relations.
- BTEC payroll management qualification.
If you are interested in this job roll, please contact email@example.com