HR and Training Manager
Full–time, Contract, Permanent
To develop and deliver people management and development strategies which supports the charities overall strategic aims and objectives.
As an experienced HR and Training Manager you will act mainly in a standalone manager capacity responsible for a very small team of colleagues. Responsibility for shaping and delivering the people strategy and management of the charities employment advisory outsourced partner is a key element to this Leadership Team role.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop and upkeep the charities people management, recruitment and training strategies
- Provide expert professional HR, Training, Recruitment advice and support to the management of the charity
- Assume full responsibility for the companies recruitment strategy and delivery
- Ensure all HR documentation and policies are up to date and in line with the latest legislation
- Ensure the internal H&S requirement is documented, planned and policed
- Ensure a continued development of the induction process is maintained and delivered for all new employees.
- Ensure all Personal Data for HR purposes is maintained
- Working along the charities internal and external H&S resources to ensure full compliance whilst retaining a commercial common sense approach.
- Manage a small team of colleagues to ensure delivery of their daily tasks.
- Ensure the development of the team is appropriate to meet the overall strategy of the department.
- Build a relationship with the outsourced HR, H&S advice agency to maximise the partnership.
- Take an active part in the charities Leadership Team activities.
- Assume responsibility for the companies data protection strategy
Qualifications and Skills
Key Skills & Experience
- CIPD qualified.
- Project management (e.g. PRINCE2.)
- Project and change management;
- Restructuring experience and associated projects tasks, e.g. change readiness, leadership engagement, communications, assessment & selection, redundancy, embedding change, etc.
- Understanding and experience of implementing successful learning & development interventions across varied role profiles;
- Building culture, culture change management and embedding culture;
- Proven experience / knowledge of Training individuals at all levels
- Significant experience in operating in a HR Manager position (2–3 years+).
- Proven HR legislative understanding / knowledge and ability to apply this knowledge appropriately.
- Proven experience in advising on complex ER matters (grievance, disciplinary, performance management, absence, etc.). * High learning agility and strong ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Working knowledge of TUPE.
- Commercially–focused HR professional.
- Resilient / adaptable/ flexible.
- High level of influencing & communication skills (personal and professional credibility).
- High attention to detail & accuracy and highly organised.
- Positive and proactive.
- Able to build trust, respect and openness.
- Able to see the bigger picture and imagining better ways of achieving outcomes.
- Business and commercially focused.
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter if you wish to apply.