Bespoke Supportive Tenancies Ltd is a not for profit housing provider which provides security, dignity and a home for life for vulnerable individuals throughout the UK.
We provide potential tenants with a choice of property that is tailored to their needs and choices. Whether this is to live close to family and friends, in integrated communities with good transport links and social activities, we adapt homes to meet the needs of tenants and also provide a 24 hour quality repairs and maintenance service.
We work in partnership with local authorities, support providers, families and tenants to provide this bespoke housing solution and in our efforts to achieve new benchmarks for housing provision for vulnerable people.
The main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient, responsive and sensitive repairs and maintenance service to our tenants in respect of minor maintenance, planned and cyclical maintenance, acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries in this regard.
- Respond to telephone enquiries from tenants and support providers in relation to property repair and maintenance requirements.
- Diagnose repair and maintenance issues, prioritise works and issue to approved contractors.
- Advise support providers on the provision of aids and adaptations.
- Obtain satisfactory cost estimates, quotations and tenders from potential contractors and record on in-house systems.
- Liaise with external contractors to ensure works are carried out and within the agreed timescales.
- Maintain regular contact with tenants and support providers in relation to the progress of the repair.
- Analyse, verify and process contractor invoices within the agreed timescales.
- Maintain electronic records on SaSSHA (in-house housing management software) and client software.
- Respond to out-of-hours emergency maintenance enquiries on a rota basis.
- Carry out administrative duties as necessary and in agreement with current procedures.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a maintenance role.
- Excellent knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of diagnosing, planning and prioritising construction/maintenance works.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
- Flexible approach.
- Experience of using Schedule of Rates (SoR).
- Knowledge of SASSHA (Housing Management System).
- Experience of working with a varied client base.
- An understanding of budgets.
- Commitment to social housing.
Benefits include company pension, annual bonus scheme, 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) increasing to a maximum of 30 days following 5 years service, perk box membership and onsite parking.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering lettering to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – 26th March 2019.
No agencies please
Bespoke Supportive Tenancies Ltd are an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.